WPF is basically the Windows Presentation Foundation that is a part of the .NET system. It is mainly used by developers to develop apps that use the Windows OS to function. The frontend is powered by XAML language while the backend language is C# in the WPF framework. WPF framework systems are constantly updated. If you have ever used the Windows OS or had a laptop that runs the Windows system, it is the framework that handles various aspects such as movies, media, images, etc. One of the things that are made possible through the WPF framework is the ability to build graphs or charts thanks to the data visualization framework that C# Charts WPF provides. This provides a considerable advantage to developers who want to use charts and graphs as a part of their projects.
How Do I Use The WPF Framework To Build My Charts And Graphs?
If you are a developer looking to develop graphs and charts for whatever project that you are working on, you will be relieved to know that the process is not complicated at all. Here is what you need to do to leverage the WPF framework that provides charting abilities.
- Download chart library and add a reference: Prior to be able to make charts, you will be required to download the chart WPF library and add a reference. Once you have done that, you can proceed to import the toolkit and the charting component to space, which will allow you to make them a part of your page. You can name your reference.
- Next, you will notice the container for controls present on your page, and all you will also notice that all your charting components are present. All you have to do after this is to add the chart to your page by adding the charting controls from the list, depending on which one you want to use.
- The charting process is done through XAML in WPF frameworks.
- You can select which chart you want to use from the various options available such as bar graphs, column graphs, lines, pie charts, scatter graphs, etc. You will then have to feed in the data or the attributes of the chart, and the chart will then be formed.
- Various types of graphs require different types of codes to be created. However, with the WPF framework and a decent idea of how XAML and C# works, it is tremendously easy to create charts through the WPF framework.
Best Suited For Projects That Require Data Visualization
One of the best things about the charting components that WPF provides is that you can fine-tune your charts to the best of your ability and ensure that the aesthetics and the functionality you seek from the chart are actually achieved. Considering that this framework is mainly geared towards developers, with some knowledge of the front-end and back-end languages used behind the WPF framework, it is tremendously easy to create charts that are visually appealing and easy to alter, making it an ideal choice.